Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 5 of 2014

Well, it was an interesting drive home - ice, freezing rain, sleet. The ice build-up on the car was unbelievable. Peddler's Village actually shut down today because keeping the ice off of the brick sidewalks was proving impossible. I was looking forward to doing some browsing, if not shopping, in some of the great shops there, but, alas, it was not meant to be. I'm glad to be home though, safe and sound.

Despite still being under construction, I found a temporary home for the new computer, and tomorrow night I will type on a keyboard with a functional 'O'. I can't wait!

As we drove through Bucks County on Route 611 on our way home, I was once again reminded of the incredible buildings and charm of the area. I so wish that I could relocate some of the barns to our property here. The cobblestone rustic charm is something that I wish could be replicated, and I'm sure, at a cost, it could be, but somehow it just wouldn't be the same. By the time I decided that I wanted to start taking pictures of some of the barns, we were pretty much done seeing any. I managed to get one, but next time I'll be more prepared - and, hopefully the weather will cooperate more. Rain and ice don't make for very easy photography!


No comments:

Post a Comment