Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6 of 2014

One of these days I'm going to sit down here and write something interesting. I don't mean for this to be like a diary - that's the last thing I want. Who wants to read about what I do everyday? Isn't that what Facebook if for?

We got some new chains for the Rat (the name my husband affectionately gave my Nissan Pathfinder that has now been relegated as the official farm vehicle), and for the tractor (I gave it a name once, but it escapes me right now - something to do with the color green since it's a John Deere - it will come to me). No excuses now for not getting things done around here (snicker)!

I keep thinking that one of these days my life will slow down and I'll actually get my train of thought around something other than what happened five minutes ago, or what I'm doing right now, but for the life of me I'm coming up with nothing. They say (I've read) that when you hit a mental block, you should just write. Anything. Whatever comes to mind. The weather - which is quite unusual  these days. Today started out at 50 and has steadily dropped since. The low overnight is expected to be -10 or so and tomorrows high is anticipated to be +3. My aunt and uncle are coming in from Minnesota tomorrow too; I think they're sending this stuff ahead of themselves so they don't feel out of place.

Whatever comes to mind. Family. A peculiar bunch. I don't think I feel like writing about them right now. Nothing wrong, or bad, or anything. Just not the topic I'm searching for.

Work. I should probably leave that one alone for now too. We just went back today after a more than two week hiatus for the holidays. I'm very thankful for the time off, but this time more than any other I really wanted it to last longer. We've got so many plans for the farm and house that I wish I could afford to just stay home and make our dreams a reality. The addition is coming along nicely, and I have so many ideas for the bed and breakfast rooms; I can't wait to start decorating.

Pink line with warning: ERROR. Hmmm. What could that be? Better find out. I'll pick up here tomorrow. Or maybe I'll pick up somewhere else. Maybe I should start setting a time limit for myself. Somehow writing for 10 minutes doesn't seem to be fulfilling. I need more. I need to get my brain off of numbers and back into the land of creativity and creative thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment