Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Today's Lens (09/03/14): Hodge Podge Kind of Day

I had another wonderful visit with Nancy today, and I've no doubt all of the photos she took will be incredible! There were some not-so-frequent visitors during our visit, but I didn't have my camera with me and will gladly defer the shots from earlier in the day to her.

I was able to catch a glimpse of the osprey this afternoon, and although they're not the best shots, they're not bad considering how far away from me he was. He visited earlier too.

While I was processing those, I also found some others that I hadn't shared yet, so today's journey will include some past journeys as well as this very brief present one.

As always, if you’d like to comment on individual photos, please visit the Today’s Lens Photo Library.

The hens on the hill! These girls are very busy egg layers doing an awesome job.

This is Duke. If you missed his introduction in previous posts, he is a Portuguese Water Dog who belongs to my brother and his family. He's still a puppy yet, and cute as a button. I love his one white paw! 

I think this White Admiral butterfly has seen some better days...

...his wings are tattered and torn, but he's still plugging along!

 A watering procession of Clouded Sulfur moths. It had been pretty dry until yesterday, and these little fellows were finding water amidst the dust in the road. They're funny to watch. Rather than head directly to a puddle, they will congregate on a damp area of ground, and siphon the water. 

It's the first time all year I've seen them stop long enough for me to press the shutter button.

There were quite a few of them in one small area; some even seemed to pose.

Can I say enough about our sweet little Mia? 

Or stately (peeking) Belle?

Unlike Belle, who is an old soul at heart, Mia is very playful (don't get me wrong, Belle kicks it up now and then as well) and very curious. She loves to jump and climb, and often spins right around in the air.

Too cute!

I grabbed these two small sunflowers before they faded for the year. The other larger ones are starting to seed, and I wanted some indoor "sun" to brighten up the counter.

The osprey was visiting Powell Pond when Nancy was here (I hope she was able to get some good shots), and came back later in the afternoon for a fly-over.

He was quite far away, but I managed to get a good enough shot to tell that it is in fact an osprey.

It looks like the landing gear is ready just in case he should spot something dive-worthy.

He soared in lazy circles as he headed west along the valley; eventually venturing too far away for the camera to find. He will likely head over the mountain to Merli Sarnoski Park in search of some dinner.


This has been a hodge podge sort of day, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Please, join me again next time for more Today’s Lens.

Thanks for viewing!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment