Monday, September 15, 2014

Today's Lens (09/15/14): The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show +

Things have been busy here on the farm! It's harvest time, and time to get things ready for the quickly approaching cooler (I hesitate to say the word colder at this point - summer isn't even officially over yet) weather. I did manage to take a little time over the past couple of days to pull out the Canon, though, so let's take a walk, shall we?

As always, if you’d like to comment on individual photos, please visit the Today’s Lens Photo Library.

I didn't get many good shots of the Harvest Super Moon. I was playing with the settings on the camera to see what I could create, and let's just say it was a phenomenal flop. I managed to salvage this one, but I'll keep at it! One day, I'll figure out the best settings to capture the magnificent moon.

This rough legged hawk was being chased by some crows. By the time I grabbed the camera, the crows had already flown over the roof, but I managed to catch this guy while standing on the porch.

As we start down the hill, this Spicebush Swallowtail hung around for a photo or two.

They're so darn quick! It's sometimes difficult to get a clear shot at all!

Bullwinkle decided to play hide-and-seek with me using milkweed as a disguise. He's such a playful little guy, and quite the ladies man!

Despite reinforcing the gates and fencing, he still manages to sneak out and visit the ladies in a neighboring pasture. Luckily, we've been able to prevent any unplanned breedings, but I really have to keep an eye on this little Romeo. Hmmm...I'm wondering if I shouldn't consider changing his name?

While I went upstairs to feed the chickens, Harlee hung out in front of the barn and watched over her kingdom.

On our way back up the hill, Bullwinkle was napping. I have no idea how this could be comfortable!

But this on the other hand, looks adorable!

These two hang out a lot with Honey. I sometimes think Bullwinkle mistakes her for his mama. He will lay right underneath her for the shade sometimes, and she is perfectly fine with it. She's even very delicate with her steps when he's around. 

Watching over her little friends, Honey is a great pasture companion.

A couple of strawberries  brightly say, "Hello," as we make our way back to the house. They probably won't be around much longer, but they certainly are cheery when they are.

A view from the top of the pasture-mates and a couple of Canada geese.

And, finally, Honey waves us goodbye. A swish of the tail, and she was off.



I hope you enjoyed today’s journey. Please, join me again next time for more Today’s Lens.

Thanks for viewing!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment